Utah Jazz radio post game show on the internet
Utah Jazz radio voice and Jazz NBA insider David Locke gets you ready for Jazz v. Mavericks with a special guest: Mavericks voice Chuck Cooperstein.
Re-live the Jazz win over the Nuggets to keep the playoff hopes alive
• An incredible 24-0 run to close the 3rd quarter lead the Jazz to a dominating must win over the Nugs. The Nugs didn’t score for the final 7 minutes of the 4th quarter. They only scored 1 field goal over 12 minutes of basketball. Complete domination
• Rudy Gobert was impactful tonight as he has been on any night all season. He stopped Nurkic early and then in the 3rd quarter the Nuggets couldn’t get anything at the rim. I can’t wait to see what the stats vu numbers are around the rim but Rudy dominated the game with his length and presence.
• Rudy started the game with incredible energy. He was battling for offensive rebounds, he impactful in all aspects.
• The Jazz were ahead by 1 at the half and the Nuggets started to send two guys to Hood and Hayward on the pick and roll it opened up the shooters and the Jazz hit 5 of 7 from 3 to open the quarter. Mack hit 2, Hayward, Hood and Lyles added one each.
• Trey Lyles got the start in place of an injured Derrick Favors. He plays with an incredible fearlessness to his game. The moment didn’t bother him at all and he came out firing. The Nuggets didn’t have a game plan for him and he took advantage bringing Jokic out on the floor.
• Lyles finished with a career high 22
• To open the 3rd quarter the Nuggets went at Lyles continually with Jokic and that will be the next step in Lyles game is his ability to defend.
• Gordon Hayward had back to back steals that lead to layup in the beginning of the 3rd quarter that changed the game
• After the first 6 minutes of the game the Nuggets out played the Jazz considerably. The Jazz stayed in the game with a three point flurry from Hood and 2 from Lyles in a 3 possessions sequence. Without that it could have been a different night.
• Booker had a big impact on the game.
• Alec had a tough 2nd night back and Neto is struggling with his shot and seems reluctant to shoot. Jazz will need both of them tonight.
• Derrick Favors not playing was truly a last minute item, he was announced with the starting line-up in the arena and no one was notified until the tip of the game when Lyles was on the floor.
• Solid win. Monday night v. Dallas is going to be great
Utah Jazz radio team post game show on the internet
• Stunning loss for the Jazz. The Clippers left the entire starting line-up back in Los Angeles and the Jazz weren’t able to take advantage. This is a game at home that you need to win if you are going to make the playoffs.
• Every player on the Los Angeles Clippers was more experienced than every player on the Utah Jazz (other than CJ Wilcox) and it showed throughout the entire night. The Clippers made so many plays that were veteran smart plays.
• Doc Rivers said before the game I have a number of minutes in mind for Jamal Crawford I know how many minutes he is going to play. Evidently that was 49 minutes. Crawford was the best player on the floor tonight. He controlled the game and had 30 points including the game winning three.
• On the final play Doc Rivers got the switch he wanted with Jamal Crawford on Derrick Favors and Crawford got into rhythm and he did what he has done his whole career and made a huge shot
• The Jazz had the game won in regulation. The Clippers ran a pick and roll for the final play in regulation down 2 and Aldrich got the basket. Hayward came over and made a great defensive play and forced a miss. Favors came into to get the rebound and seemed to have it in his hands but Aldrich ripped it away and put it back in. It is so rare that Derrick gets his hands on a ball and doesn’t corral the rebound but Aldrich wanted it really badly on that final play.
• Gordon missed the shot to win it at the horn. Hayward is now 6 of 13 in the final 24 seconds of a close game this year.
• Hayward had his 6th ever 20-10-5 game. First time the Jazz have ever lost. When the team lacked juice Hayward tried to will the Jazz to victory. At times he over did it and that lead to 7 turnovers. He finished with 24 points, 13 rebounds, 5 assists
• Cole Aldrich killed the Jazz big men tonight with 21 points and 18 rebounds.
• Clippers got the game to be played small. Ingles played a lot at the 4. The Jazz have not been very successful with Ingles as the 4 this year.
• The Jazz lost their 26th game that has been within 5 points with 5 minutes left. They are 27th in the NBA defensively in those circumstances and 27th in defensive rebounding. For the 2nd time in 10 days (Warriors) game the Jazz didn’t grab a defensive rebound that would have won the game.
• Rodney Hood was terrific v. San Antonio and the opposite tonight. He doesn’t go to the free throw so his nights are completely predicated on how he shoots the ball. At this stage of his career he has had as many good night as he has had bad nights. Hood still has more games this year under 9 points than he has over 19.
• Its about making shots. Shelvin Mack has a three to go up 10 last in the 4th and if he hits the game is over. Didn’t.
• Jazz guards were a combined 8 of 28 and 2 of 16 from three.
• Jazz fast breaks are a killer. Had a 3-1 got nothing and three other fast breaks that yielded nothing.
• Jazz have to win next 3 to secure a playoff without help.
Utah Jazz radio team post game show on the internet
Utah Jazz radio voice and Jazz NBA Insider David Locke talks about the playoff race, the Warriors 70 and the return of AB
Utah Jazz radio voice and Jazz NBA Insider David Locke gives you his daily podcast
This is a portion of a Locked on NBA podcast with CBS Sports Zach Harper about Gordon Hayward