Utah Jazz radio team David Locke and Ron Boone talk with Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, Rudy Gobert, Chris Johnson, Elijah Millsap and Jack Cooley
Utah Jazz radio voice and Jazz NBA Insider David Locke looks at the playoff position and then does a big picture Jazz wrap up on the season
• The future is bright.
• Quin is a star.
• Thanks for your awesome support—it makes my job wonderful.
• Trevor Booker is a stud.
Utah Jazz radio team reviews the season after game #82
Utah Jazz radio voice and Jazz NBA Insider David Locke gives you the NBA 5, looking at playoff picture and then discusses another Jazz win lead by Bryce Cotton.
• A fun way to the end the season at EnergySolutions Arena. Great energy all night. Lots of highlights. The Jazz play hard every night with this crew.
• Really cool night for Bryce Cotton. He plays super fast and with great tempo. He’s a good shooter. He’s troublesome due to his speed. He works hard and is trying to overcome his lack of size. He said it well after the game: “I’m just a kid trying to prove himself time and time again.”
• With everyone sitting out, Rudy Gobert was the best player on the floor and he looked like it. 20 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal and 3 blocked shots.
• Cotton finished with 21 points on 8-for-15 shooting, and he added 2 rebounds and 4 assists.
• Cotton had the dunk of the season—an alley-oop from Rodney Hood which he caught high above the rim with his left hand and hammered home. It was a play they used to run for Cotton in Austin.
• Utah’s defense clamped down in the third quarter, and that ended the game.
• After shooting 3-for-15 from three in the first half, the Jazz hit all six in the third quarter.
• Danté Exum and Rudy Gobert have played 81 games this year.
• Chris Johnson looks like he’s going to try to make a living out of making corner threes, and that’s a smart way to make it in the NBA.
• Why the Mavericks played “Hack-a-Cooley” on a night when they didn’t bring their primary players is way beyond me.
• Jazz controlled the turnovers a little better tonight with just 15.
• Great to be with the home crowd again tonight. Thanks for all the great energy at the arena. Nothing beats a home game.