Did you take notice of the following
* Hayward three point shooting and free throw attempts
* Al Jefferson’s assist to turnover (it doesn’t show but he had 4 turnovers the entire month)
* Favors rebounding per minutes played
* Strong FT numbers across the board
* Burks nice bounce back after tough March
Here are the Jazz end of the year Locke stats.
Some things to look at
* Cringe/Grin is the basic analysis of if a player uses a possession above the league average.
* Gordon Hayward comes out as our best offensive player according to Locke offensive ranking
* Devin Harris had a much better season than anyone realized
* Losing the 10 possessions a night by Josh Howard and CJ Miles didn’t hurt this team
* Activity ranking favors bigs but Favors looks strong compared to the other players
Utah Jazz fans look who is in the Top 10 Offensive Players in the NBA over the last 10 games. This is sorted by Locke Offensive Ranking
Utah Jazz fans look who is in the Top 10 players in the NBA offensively over the last 10 games. This is sorted by Locke Offensive Ranking.
Each year the Locke offensive ranking breaks down with 0 being replacement level; 10 being league average – 20 being high level starter and 30+ is elite. Last year 10 players were 30 or better lead by Dirk Nowitzki at 39.. 45 players had 20 or above, which is about the usual.
In the lockout shortened season only 8 players are above 30 and only 28 players are above 20.
With that understood here are the top 38 offensive players this year in the NBA. All with a Locke offensive rating that is 17.6 or better which is about what 20 would be on a normal year
CRINGE – is how player uses individual possession compared to league average
LHM – is the LHM rating system
Activity – is former NBA coach Bob Hill’s rating system
Jack – is how many minutes per possession usage
2% – is % of possession used to shot a 2
3% – is % of possessions to shot a three
FT% – is % of possessions used to shot FT
TO% – is % of possessions the player turns it over
SO – is scoring opportunities per night – FGA + trips to line
A few things to look at here. Al Jefferson is well above the league average in his use of a possession and that changes everything. Josh Howard was using possessions below the league average and those have moved to guys that are above the league average. Alec Burks slightly above the league average on possession usage and that is good for a wing rookie.