Using Stats VU Player Tracking, here are the players whose frontcourt touches turn into assist, as well as the players whose frontcourt touches turn into the fewest assists.
Here are the top 25 players at turning frontcourt touches into an assist.
After watching the Kings last night I decided to see who throws the fewest passes in the NBA. I’m using the NBA player tracking data to do this. This includes players who play at least 20 minutes a game.
Here are the top 20 players who pass the least.
VU Stats notes on the Utah Jazz
- Gordon Hayward leads the NBA in 42.9 miles travelled and leads at 2.7 miles per game.
- Derrick Favors has run 37.3 miles this season
- Enes Kanter has run 33 miles.
- Gordon Hayward has 1187 touches this season highest of any non point guard other than Kevin Love.
- Gordon Hayward averages 67.2 front court touches a game the most of any non point guard
- Derrick Favors 6.4 close touches a game is the 5th most in the NBA, Enes Kanter is 9th with 6.1 close touches.
- Jazz run very little offense off the elbow – Favors lead Jazz with 5.4
- Gordon Hayward is 5th in the NBA in secondary assists, passes that lead to the assist at 1.8 a game. He is also 7th in the league in FT assists per game, assists that lead to FG at .9 a game.
- Best rim protectors in the NBA are holding teams below 40% and the worst are allowing above 60%. Derrick Favors is at 50.7%, Kanter is 54.4%, Gobert is 44.4%, Marvin Williams is 46.2%, Evans is 64.3%
- Gordon Hayward gets 67.7% of rebounds he has a chance to get (within 3.5 feet) 16th best in the NBA of players getting 4.5 rebs or more a game. Gobert grabs 66.3%, Marvin Williams grabs 61.3%, Favors 58.7%, Kanter 50% – Kanter is 114th out of 117 out of players averaging 4.5 rebs a game. Millsap is 113th.
- Favors is 10th in the NBA in contested rebounds per game at 4.1, Kanter is 16th at 3.9. Kanter is 3rd in the NBA in the % of his rebounds that are contested.
- Gordon Hayward leads the Jazz with 6.6 drives per game. The Jazz get 7.3 pts on those drives
- Richard Jefferson is shooting 52% on drives and the Jazz get 4.6 pts on his 4 drives per game
- Marvin Williams leads the Jazz in catch and shoot points at 5.6 per game, he is shooting 44% on catch and shoot and 45.7% on catch and shoot three’s.
- Richard Jefferson is shooting 36% on catch and shoot and 37% on catch and shoot three’s, he takes 4.7 catch and shoot attempts a game.
- Gordon Hayward is getting 4.7 catch and shoots a game but shooting just 29.3% on catch and shoot and 32.7% from three.
- Trey Burke has missed all 12 catch and shoot shots this year
- Enes Kanter shoots 44% on catch and shoot.
- John Lucas shoots 32.5% on catch and shoot and 35.1% from three.
- Gordon Hawyward takes 6.6 pull shots per game and hits on 35.2% and 20% if it is a three
- Trey Burke is hitting 40% of his pull ups and 50% if they are three.
- Alec Burks shoots 24.3% on pull ups and 20% from 3 – 9th worst in the NBA for EFG%
cringe/Grin — Does he use a possession above or below the league average
LHM – Larry H Miller evaluation system
Locke – My offensive ranking – 0 is replacement level - 8 to 10 is league average
Activity – Former Coach in NBA ranking system
Jack % – How often they use a possession
2%,3%,FT%,TO% – % of possessions used to …
SO – Scoring opportunities per 40 minutes – scoring opportunity shot or trip to line
POSS – Possession used per game