Summary: George Hill returns to the line-up and the Jazz blow out the Nuggets, 108-83. The Jazz started on a 12-0 run and led by 17 in the first half before Denver tied it in the second. The Jazz stretched the lead back out to 23 before starting the fourth and won going away. Hill had 22-5-3 in his return, Hayward had 22-5-7 while Gobert had 19-13.
· Starting point guards really matter in the NBA — ask New Orleans. Everything was different the minute George Hill got back on the floor. The looks were more open, the pace was accelerated and the control of the game was terrific.
· The Jazz want to run an early drag screen as part of the offense. It has been non-existent since George Hill was out, and tonight it returned. The Jazz in the past games were all sitting still when the offense started, and tonight it was the opposite; They hit with an advantage early and then had the defense on a scramble for the whole possession. The minute Dante checked in, it went away.
· Rudy Gobert was dynamite tonight. He had 19 points and 13 rebounds. This is a hard night against the big body of Jusuf Nurkic. Rudy was much more of a force at the rim than he has been in the past evenings. Was it George Hill? The Jazz got low screens and it led to Rudy Gobert slam dunks. Gobert had a huge impact on the game. Nurkic went 1 for 8 shooting.
· The Nuggets are number one in the league at getting shots in the restricted area, and tonight it was completely shut down.
· Nuggets shot 4 of 19 in the fourth quarter and three of the shots were threes.
· Boris Diaw looked good tonight. He has really been struggling, and tonight he had a nice impact on the game. He was able to back in for some looks on the post. He had three assists with some great passes and set up a bunch of other plays.
· The Jazz bench struggled again in the second quarter, as they allowed the Nuggets to tie the game after the Jazz had led by 17.
· Trey Lyles had four fouls in the first half.
· Denver was the tired team on the road on the back end of a back-to-back tonight with a key injury, as Gallo was out compared to the Jazz being on the end of a back-to-back with injuries Sunday night in Denver.
· The Jazz won the third quarter 31-14 to end this game.
· Ho hum night for Gordon as he had 22 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists.
· The other aspect of Hill was Mudiay was completely out of sorts, going 1 for 8 with one assist. He caused big problems for the Jazz the other night. Quin Snyder has talked a lot about wanting Dante’s defense to return to the level of his rookie year and tonight, having Hill on Mudiay was very different than what we saw in Denver.
· This was a strong win to break a four-game losing streak.
· Have a Happy Thanksgiving.