Let’s have some fun with line-ups. These numbers have a lot of noise. If they play home or the road matters a lot, if they are playing top line players matters, when it is during a game, etc
5 MAN LINE-UPS
Best Offensive 5 man Line-ups (min 15 minutes together)
1. Mo Williams, Gordon Hayward, Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors and Al Jefferson (17 minutes 152 offensive rating and 125.2 defensive rating)
2. Jamaal Tinsley, Gordon Hayward, Marvin Williams, Derrick Favors and Al Jefferson(20 minutes 138.7 offensive rating 92.8 defensive rating)
Best Defensive 5 man Line-ups (min 15 mintues together)
1. Jamaal Tinsley. Gordon Hayward, Marvin Williams, Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson (41 minutes defensive rating of 85.6 and offensive rating of 114.0)
2. Earl Watson, Alec Burks, Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter (34 minutes defensive rating of 86.3 offensive rating of 107.3)
Best Overall 5 man Line-ups (min 15 minutes together)
1. Jamaal Tinsley, Gordon Hayward, Marvin Williams, Derrick Favors and Al Jefferson (20 minutes Off Rating 138.7 Defensive Rating 92.8)
DEEPER DIG – This lineup has played 16 of their 20 minutes together at home. They have only played 5 minutes together in the month of December. They grab 84% of the defensive rebounds. This line-up has been used in 6 games this season. It has unsustainable 65% offensive rebounding rate saying some of these numbers would decrease
2. Jamaal Tinsley, Gordon Hayward, Marvin Williams, Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson (41 minutes Off Rating 114.0 Defensive Rating 85.6)
DEEEPER DIG – This line has played an incredible 38 of its 42 minutes at home. It has played in 9 different games this year. The 4 minutes it played on the road were a disaster but it has been great at home. It has only played 2 minutes in the month of December. It grabs 81% of all defensive rebounds. Its effective field goal percentage is unsustainable at 58.5%, 55% from the field and 40% from three.
3. Earl Watson, Alec Burks, Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter (34 minutes 107.3 Off Rating 86.3 Defensive Rating)
DEEPER DIG – This bench crew has played 34 minutes all in the month of December. They are not shooting well, just 41% though they have hit 43% of their three’s. It has only been used in 3 games all year. It has an unsustainable 41% offensive rebounding rate which is covering up their shooting problems. Opponents are shooting just 40% against this lineup.
4. Jamaal Tinsley, Gordon Hayward, DeMarre Carroll, Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter (42 minutes 116.3 off rating 97.2 defensive rating)
DEEPER DIG – This group played 42 minutes over 8 games. 29 of its 42 minutes have been at home. It has played equally in November and December. It is shooting 56% from the field. Offensive rebounding is at 37% which this group might be able to maintain. This line-up was very good in November but has been a minus thus far in December as the defense has broken down.