For tonight’s broadcast I ran back through the entire season and the journey. I will have this as an audio version later. Here is a fun trip down memory road
Highlight moments of the 2011-12 NBA Seasons
• 1st win after 25 points loss to Lakers and 17 points loss to Denver – Favors starts for Al Jefferson and has 20-11 and Gordon Hayward hits huge jumper from free throw line to help win the game.
• Raja Bell’s stop of Monta Ellis at the end of regulation
• Paul Millsap 16 point quarter in Denver for big early year road win and a 8-4 start to the season
• Jimmer misses the three at Energy Solutions arena and the Jazz end a two game losing streak to get to 11-7. Hayward broke out of his slump with 21 in that game.
• Earl Watson lead comeback ends the month of January with a win over Portland
• Lost 11 of 14 to start February
• Having lost 11 of last 15 – Jazz beat the Heat behind a Devin Harris floater in the lane
• Back to back overtime wins over Minnesota and Golden State in middle of March kept the season going. Millsap missed a wide open game winner against Minnesota but the Jazz overcame it and won in overtime when Hayward scored 18 in 4th and overtime. Favors 23-17 with Al at his grandmother’s funeral
• Spurs on a 6 game win streak. #3 at Lakers with the rookies carrying the load – Kanter playing the best game of his season with 17 points and 8 rebounds and Burks fearlessly with 17 points, 13 in the 4th quarter
• Jamaal Tinsley 1st half v. OKC and Harris scoring 13 straight points as the Jazz beat the Thunder for #4 in the streak.
• Jefferson tip in v. Sacramento at the buzzer and the Jazz have 5 in a row
• Win streak ends in the 4OT game in Atlanta
• Big lineup is discovered in 2nd quarter at Portland on April 2nd and Jazz come from behind to win it in Portland. Tinsley steals the inbound to seal the win.
• Win in Houston behind Gordon Hayward 29 points
• Triple OT v. Dallas Millsap put back to force the overtime keeps the season alive and Harris and Jefferson finish it off Devin Harris does in his old teammates while Al Jefferson puts up the 28-26 night.
• Harris and Hayward huge three’s on pass outs from Jefferson to beat Orlando
• Everyone huge – do you have plans for the weekend?