Emptying the Noggin
• Season is over and the Jazz win 36, about the same as a 45 win season. Quite an accomplishment.
• Wesley Matthews was hammered on the last play. Ahearn pushed him in the chest and got him across the body, but no call we will take it.
• The kids got lots of time tonight and showed they are capable but this game was not much of a barometer.
• Evans showed his jumping ability and made a bunch of plays on his way to a career high for points and rebounds.
• Impressively for the most part the Jazz played the game correctly and played to win with a limited roster. That is the DNA of this organization and it is not going to change.
• Limited minutes for the primary Jazz players, Millsap didn’t play, Jefferson played 10 minutes, Hayward 7 mins, he lead the league in minutes in April so this is a nice break for him. Harris played only the first quarter and Favors got 20 minutes
• The nice thing for Favors and Kanter is the offense ran through them and they got to get touches in the post and tried to make plays. Favors showed some signs and Kanter bulled his way to some points in the paint.
• Burks is hitting his outside shot and making some plays – he has hit 4 straight three
• Short one tonight have the family with me.