Emptying the Noggin
• If the season ended tonight the Jazz would be in the playoffs. They are in the 2nd place in the Northwest Division and have won the season series with the Denver Nuggets.
• The Jazz energy is amazing on a nightly basis. This is growing on itself. The schedule is brutal but winning is creating a momentum of itself. At this point I think these guys want to play every day.
• The Jazz defense was not good in the 1st quarter and they started to play in the 2nd quarter and in the 3rd quarter they were great. They held the Nuggets for over 6 minutes without a field goal in the 3rd quarter in the run that ended the night. The Nuggets shot just 9 of 24 in the 2nd quarter and 8/24 in the third quarter.
• The night long execution was terrific for the Jazz. They moved the ball, they shared they found the open man and they crushed the Nuggets shooting over 60% for most of the night.
• DEVIN HARRIS DUNKED
• The three ball fell this evening. The Jazz hit 7 of 15 from three and Gordon Hayward hit 2 of 3 and Harris hit 2 of 4.
• At the open of the broadcast we talked about Ty Lawson being the key to the game and the Jazz held Lawson to 2 of 8 from the field and had 6 turnovers. When the Jazz have beat the Nuggets they have controlled Lawson.
• Devin Harris play on the pick and roll in the 2nd quarter changed the night. He sliced up the Nuggets defensively and it changed the game.
• Phil Johnson mentioned numerous times how much Favors was trying to pass. Favors is just playing know instead of being worried about making mistakes. He is busting out. He is so gifted that he makes plays that are out of the realm of possibility look easy.
• The Jazz are largely on fire because the younger players are stepping up a different level while the veterans continue to play very well. Jefferson had a great game tonight. He was 11 of 16 and has linked together a huge month of March shooting well over 50% and the averaging close to a 20/10. Devin Harris is on top of his game. Paul Millsap is Paul Millsap. Jamaal Tinsley is a very good backup point guard. CJ has contributed good minutes for this team tonight he had 12 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocks.
• Gordon’s line the last two nights are just absurd. He has been the best player on the floor for most of the last two games. He dropped 15 points on 7 shots tonight. He added 7 rebounds (14 in the last 2 games) and 7 assists (12 in the last two games), he also added 2 steals and 3 blocks. Hayward the 7th player this year to have type of box score, LeBron, Josh Smith, Marc Gaosl, Tim Duncan, Big Al and Durant.
• Burks has added a ton to this team. 15 pts in 18 mins – he is a great scorer off the bench.
• Super team win. The Jazz are getting better every time they step on the floor. This is the toughest part of the schedule and the Jazz are coming through it with flying colors.
Final note – for all of you who participated in our little social media trash talk – great job.