With the new year fast approaching, we all have fitness goals in mind. Maybe this year you’ll enroll in classes at the gym, run a race or take the stairs more often. These activities all involve one thing; your feet! At Shoe Carnival we want to make sure your feet are comfortable and fashionable. For the crazy and fun life you live, you’re going to need a great pair of athletic shoes.
Here are a few tips for buying the best shoes for your feet.
- Choose the right shoe for the type of exercise you will be doing whether it be running, walking, cross training, etc.
- Measure your foot. Your feet change sizes even as an adult.
- Know your foot. Do you have high arches or flat feet?
- Shop toward the end of the day or after a workout. Your feet swell over the day, as they do when exercising, so fit your shoe to your foot when it’s at its largest.
- Shoes should be snug and supportive. They should not slip off your heel and you should be able to wiggle all your toes.
- Walk or jog in the shoe you are trying on. It should be comfortable from the start.
- Know when to replace your shoes. Look for signs of wear or break down or if they have logged more than 350 miles, it may be time to replace them.
Stop by any of our nine Utah locations for personalized advice with one of our experienced shoe professionals today!