* Preliminary Round and first cut on Saturday, July 12, 2014
* Semi-finalists will work out with Jan Whittaker at the Zions Bank Basketball Center July 14th & 15th from 6pm-9pm. This is mandatory.
* Semi-finalists will also be required to submit a 2 minute video with one minute to introduce themselves and one minute of original choreography. Videos are due by midnight July 14th.
* 30 Finalists will be selected and notified by late afternoon of Wednesday, July 16th.
* Interviews and final round on Thursday, July 17th, 2014. Final members of 2014-2015 America First Jazz Dancers will be announced via voicemail by 7pm on July 17th.
Time for Preliminary Round on July 12th:
* Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
* Auditions will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m.
Zion’s Bank Basketball Center
1414 South 500 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
* Must be 18 years of age by July 12th, 2014
* High school graduate
* Bring a 5 X 7 full-body photo (this will not be returned to you and must be of YOU ONLY). Professional photos recommended.
* Athletic physique
* Half-tops or sports bras
* Non-marking dance or athletic shoes
* Performance-ready hair and make-up
* Attire for interviews is business professional dress
What to expect as a member of the Jazz Dance team:
The 2014-15 America First Jazz Dancers will perform at all Utah Jazz home games. You will also be required to perform at special appearances throughout the NBA season. Rehearsals will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, as well as additional nights when necessary.
THIS IS A MAJOR TIME COMMITMENT!
Please complete the application and submit with 5 X 7 photo to:
Jazz Dancer Auditions
301 West South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Pre-registration is strongly recommended. However, you may apply during registration on the day of the audition.
For any additional questions, please contact Meikle LaHue at (801) 325-2553.
6th Annual Jazz Dancer Boot Camp
Monday, June 16th – Saturday, June 21st
Times: 7:00 – 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Early Registration fee (until June 1st): $200; After June 1st: $250
* Limited space available. Registration will close as soon as capacity has been met. You will be contacted to confirm your participation.
Jazz Dancer Boot Camp is a one-week fitness boot camp designed to get you in shape and ready for Jazz Dancer Auditions. This is a great way to get in shape and in top physical condition just like the Jazz dancers… even if you don’t plan to try out for the team.
It’s six straight days of two-a-day workouts taught by fitness instructor Neil Anderson, of GPP Fitness and Jazz Dancer Director, Jan Whittaker.
Jazz Dancer Boot Camp will:
* Customize Fitness Goals based on body composition assessments
* Design workout plans
* Offer nutritional coaching
* Prepare you for Jazz Dancer Auditions in July
* Jazz Dancer choreography will also be offered during sessions
Class sessions will be held at these locations:
* Bountiful High – 695 S. Orchard Dr, Bountiful
* GPP Fitness – 40 E. Pages Ln, Centerville
**You will be contacted prior to the first session and given instruction regarding where to meet the first day.
NOTICE: Please print, complete and mail application form with payment to – Utah Jazz ATTN: Meikle LaHue 301 West South Temple Salt lake City, UT 84101.
Registration is not complete and your spot will not be reserved until payment is received.