Hey there Jazz fans! This is my rookie season as a Jazz dancer and I am loving every second of it! My passion in life is dance, and being an America First Jazz Dancer gives me the opportunity to perform and share my passion with others, as well as cheer on our Utah Jazz. I am a huge sports fan and started watching Jazz games as a young girl with my grandpa. Stepping out on the court at each home game, performing in front of the best fans in the NBA, being involved in the community through appearance opportunities, working out with our boss of a trainer Neil, making new friends with amazing girls, and dancing every day are just a few of the reasons that being a Jazz Dancer is one of the best experiences I could ever ask for.
I was born January 9. 1987 in Bountiful, Utah, but was raised in Las Vegas. I began dancing after a gymnastics career at age 10. I danced and trained at Dance Impressions where I had the opportunity of traveling the country to compete and take classes from top instructors and choreographers. I continued dancing through out jr. high and high school where I also began cheerleading. I was a member of the Woods Cross High School drill team, where I served as Drill Mistress, the Woods Cross High cheerleading squad where I served as choreographer and captain, as well as the Woods Cross High School Dance Company where I held the position of choreographer. I was the 2005 Woods Cross High School Dance Sterling Scholar. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Weber State University in 2010. I was a member of the National Champion Weber State Spirit Squad, as both a dancer and a cheerleader. In addition to being a Jazz Dancer I teach full time at Bountiful High where I teach English, Beginning Dance, Social Dance, and coach the cheerleaders, as well as teaching dance at Dance Impressions. I am very lucky to love what I do!
A few interesting things about me:
· I performed with the professional performing company AntiGravity that is based out of New York
· I am a huge University of Utah fan, GO UTES
· I have a thing for clothes and shoes
· I love to read
· I hate being cold, but love ice cream
· I strongly believe Friends is the best show to ever be on TV
· I had jaw surgery as a Jr. in high school and had to wear something called a Jaw Bra
· I love country music
· One of my favorite things is jam sessions in my car, even if I’m by myself
· I love to go on vacation and hope to travel the world